The equality of all human beings is an obvious and basic value in all activities at Mid Sweden University. Employees, as well as students, should be treated and met with respect and dignity. Regard is paid to differences in order to promote the individual’s possibilities to work and study.
The Vice-Chancellor (Rektor) has the overarching responsibility for the carrying out of a goal-oriented work towards equal opportunities. As a supporting and executing branch, we have the strategy group Equal Opportunities (lika villkor) and the university’s administrators for equal opportunities. Within each department, the administration and the library, each Head has a particular responsibility for the fact that an active work towards equal opportunities is carried out.
- Mid Sweden University should actively take measures with the aim of creating an atmosphere in which all humans’ equal value is taken into account, and which should give everyone equal opportunities regardless of her/his background. This encompasses employees as well as students.
- All employees should know about the work towards equal opportunities and the legislation within the area, and they should respect the work. They should also know where to turn for support, counselling or reporting, when possible violation or harassment occurs.
- All students should be informed about the work towards equal opportunities and the legislation within the area. They should also know where to turn for support, counselling or reporting, when possible violation or harassment occurs.
- Mid Sweden University should be free from discrimination and harassments.
- In the process of developing course plans and literature lists and the carrying out of teaching and learning activities on all levels at Mid Sweden University, all of the grounds for discrimination should actively be taken into account and they should serve as a guiding principle.
- Recruitment and application processes should be non-discriminating and aim towards equal opportunities for employees as well as students.
- Mid Sweden University should also in its work for equal opportunities interact with the surrounding society.
With what is stated above as a starting point, an active work is carried out within the university with the purpose of increasing knowledge and awareness of the issue of equal opportunities.